Explore Paddlesport Award
The Explore Award gives you ownership; allowing you to choose where you move next in the world of canoeing. You will be able to develop a programme that suits what you need, learning to make confident choices and giving you the ability to independently paddle your canoe in a sheltered water environment. This award will be delivered in suitable locations around North Yorkshire, the choice of craft is up to you; canoe, kayak, Sit On Top (SOT) or Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP).
There’s a strong emphasis on independence with this award, and the Explore award will fill in the gaps of knowledge you might have so you can get out paddling safely on an adventure! The award covers areas like:
- On the water etiquette and how to share the space with other water users
- Different environments you can paddle (lakes, rivers, canals, estuaries)
- Controlling your kayak, canoe or SUP safely
- Clothing and equipment needs for different environments and weather
- Safe exploration
Taking the Award
To help "design" a course for you, we will ask some pre-course questions about your paddling experience and knowledge then come up with an action plan specifically for you. It may be that you feel you could go striaght for an assesment or would like to be taught new skills right from the start.
All our courses will be of mixed craft types with plenty of practice and personilised input.
- Individual: £65 for a 1 day course, £115 for a 2 day course; includes water fees.
- British Canoeing Certificate fee payable of £8, with a 25% discount for members at £6 each.
- 10% discount for a group of 4 or more (excludes certificate fee).
See the calendar.
If you would like more information on the Explore Award please visit:
and click on the Individual Award Details block at the bottom of the page.
No images found.
Sat, 17 Aug 2019 09:00 -> Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:00
1 or 2 day course, Ellerton Lake & river trip