Canoe & Kayak hire available in North Yorkshire at Ellerton Park Lake on set days throughout the year. We also have available a trailer with six canoes and equipment, along with various kayaks and up to 4 double inflatable kayaks and one single inflatable kayak, for use around the region all year. We can recommend a number of canoe trails in the area and will deliver and collect the equipment.
Please see below for details and cost at Ellerton Park; hire days are listed in the calendar at the bottom of the page.
Details for off site kayak and canoe hire are at the bottom, before the calendar.
Ellerton Park is a fresh water, spring fed 60 acre lake with a large touring caravan park located in the village of Ellerton near to the A1, Richmond and Northallerton. The Lakeside Farm Shop and Country Cafe is located within a short distance from the lake offering a wide range of fresh farm produce together with homemade food.
On a sunny day – “there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as messing about in boats.” (Kenneth Grahame – The Wind in the Willows.)
How to get there: Directions to Ellerton Lake
- Hire is subject to acceptance of our hire terms and conditions.
- No instruction is provided with the hiring unless by prior arrangement and will be subject to an additional charge.
Ellerton Lake Hire Charges
|Tandem Inflatable Kayak||£36||£48||£60|
Note: There is any extra charge for use of the lake, payable to the owner on the day.
For availability please contact us.
Do check the Events windows at the bottom of the main pages for any set hire days at Ellerton Park.
Off Site Hire
- Half day*: £38 for first two canoes, additional canoes £25 each.
- Full day*: £45 for first two canoes, additional canoes £30 each.
Inflatable Kayaks (Double):
- Half day*: £35 for first two canoes, additional canoes £20 each. Delivery and collection included if required.
- Full day*: £40 for first two canoes, additional canoes £25 each. Delivery and collection included if required.
Inflatable Kayaks (Single):
- Half day*: £30, Full day:£35.
All hirings include buoyancy aid, paddles and various sizes of dry bags to carry personnel items in.
Delivery and collection included, if required, up to a radius of 40 miles from Leeming Bar. Additional charge of 40p a mile after that. (This covers York and the Tees Barrage)