Emergency First Aid at Work – EFAW Course
March 17 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm£85
This is an Ofqual accredited Emergency First Aid at Work course, delivered through the awarding organisation ITC First. Designed for low risk environments like office, retail, gyms and similar places of work, where there is a reduced risk of injury. The award meets the HSE requirements for first aid the work place.
All successful attendees gain an Ofqual Level 3 recognised certificate, which is valid for 3 years.
Free Parking, Tea, Coffee and biscuits available all day. All registration fees and a manual are included in the price.
The course covers the following topic;
- Vital Signs: – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Incident Management: – Primary Survey – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents
- Airway Management: – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Managing a seizure.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Breathing Problems: – choking
- Circulation Problems: – controlling external bleeding and treatment for shock
- Minor Injuries: – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Safe best practice: – minimise the risk of infection
- Awareness of current regulation
All the assessment is practical with no written papers to complete.