- This event has passed.
Hill & Moorland Leader Award Training
September 16 @ 9:00 am - September 18 @ 5:00 pm£185.00
The Hill and Moorland Leader Award is designed for people who want to lead groups in the hill and moorland areas of the UK and Ireland. These areas include the Peak District, North Yorkshire Moors and Dales, Dartmoor and similar countryside. This award is a wonderful opportunity to learn the leadership skills required to feel confident about taking people out walking.
As you may have guessed from the descriptive title of this award, it focuses on non-mountainous terrain. Award holders operate in terrain that is generally more remote than that used by Lowland Leaders and not as steep, or rocky, as ground covered by Mountain Leaders.
On the training course, we look at the skills required for navigation in an upland area, group management, what to carry, route planning, what to do in an emergency and the weather. If you wish to improve your navigation or get qualified in first aid skills, have a look at what we offer in these areas.
To join us on the training, you need to meet the following prerequisites:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You should have at least a year’s worth of experience of hill walking
- Have an interest in leading groups in the hills
- Must be a member of a mountaineering council: BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland (you can join one when you register if you’re not already a member)
If you are not sure, get in touch with us via email or phone.
Hill & Moorland Leader Training Course
Date: 25th – 27th March 22
If you wish to book onto this assessment, you can:
Book through the MTUK website booking page
Contact either us direct on firstname.lastname@example.org or Pete Goldsmith on email@example.com
- September 16 @ 9:00 am
- September 18 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Hill Moorland Leader Award, Mountain, Navigation, Walking
- Event Tags:
- Courses, environment, Hill & Moorland Leader Award, Mountain Training, Yorkshire Dales
October 22 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm