- This event has passed.
Paediatric First Aid
November 22 @ 9:00 am - November 23 @ 5:00 pm£115.00
Paediatric First Aid (PFA) course. This is an Ofqual accredited, Level 3, course delivered through the awarding organisation ITC First. River mountain Experience are an approved provider for ITC First and meet all the due diligence checks required for a first Aid provider.
This qualification is designed for workers caring for children in the absence of their parents. This qualification meets Ofsted requirements for those working in early years settings. Currently, the EYFS statutory framework, requires at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate to be on the premises, or outings, at all times when children are present.
Free Parking at the venue with tea, coffee, biscuits available all day and included in the price. All successful attendees will gain an Ofqual Level 3 recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years. Please contact us for a group price.
The Paediatric First Aid course covers the following:
- Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Vital signs – colour, temperature, breathing and response levels
- Safe approach to assessing responsive and unresponsive casualties, both child and infant
- Dealing with breathing problems – non-breathing child and infant, CPR, use of AED and choking
- Safe Airway Positions
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Burns & Scalds
- Heat & Cold
- Asthma, Diabetes, Meningitis and other sudden medical illnesses
- Bleeding and Shock
- Minor injuries
The HSE strongly recommend candidates take an annual 3 hour refresher during the lifetime of the qualification.
The qualification is revalidated by attending another PFA course after 3 years.